The Physiotherapy Department at Vikram Multispeciality Hospital places a special emphasis on comprehensive care for patients undergoing neurosurgical and orthopedic interventions. Recognizing the unique challenges and requirements of individuals recovering from neurosurgery or orthopedic procedures, our dedicated team of physiotherapists employs a specialized approach. For patients recovering from neurosurgery, our physiotherapy interventions focus on neurological rehabilitation, encompassing exercises and techniques designed to improve motor function, coordination, and mobility. We work collaboratively with neurosurgeons to tailor rehabilitation plans that address specific neurological deficits and promote neuroplasticity.
In the realm of orthopedic care, our physiotherapy services extend from preoperative preparation to postoperative rehabilitation. Prior to surgery, our physiotherapists engage patients in prehabilitation exercises to optimize physical strength and joint function. Postoperatively, our rehabilitation programs target pain management, swelling reduction, and the restoration of joint mobility. We incorporate a range of therapeutic modalities, including manual therapy, targeted exercises, and advanced rehabilitation technologies, to expedite recovery and enhance the overall musculoskeletal function.
Through close collaboration with neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons, our Physiotherapy Department strives to provide holistic and patient-centered care. The goal is to empower patients to regain independence, improve functionality, and achieve an enhanced quality of life following neurosurgical or orthopedic interventions. Our commitment to evidence-based practices ensures that each patient receives tailored and effective physiotherapy interventions throughout their recovery journey.
- Specialized programs for patients recovering from neurosurgical interventions.
- Tailored exercises and therapies to improve motor function and coordination.
- Preoperative preparation through targeted prehabilitation exercises.
- Postoperative rehabilitation focusing on pain management and joint mobility.
- Comprehensive programs for a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Therapeutic exercises to enhance strength, flexibility, and overall mobility.
- Hands-on techniques for joint mobilization and soft tissue manipulation.
- Effective for pain relief and improvement in joint range of motion.
Modalities and Technologies:
- Utilization of advanced modalities such as ultrasound and electrical stimulation.
- Integration of rehabilitation technologies for enhanced outcomes.
- Personalized exercise regimens to address specific patient needs.
- Home exercise programs for continuity of care beyond hospital visits.
- Strategies for pain reduction and relief through therapeutic interventions.
- Education on pain management techniques for long-term well-being.
- Targeted interventions for neurological conditions, promoting neuroplasticity.
- Coordination and balance training for patients with neurological deficits.
- Programs designed to prevent musculoskeletal issues and injuries.
- Education on ergonomics and lifestyle modifications for overall well-being.
- Close coordination with neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, and other healthcare professionals.
- Multidisciplinary approach for comprehensive and effective patient care.
- Information on condition-specific exercises and self-management strategies.
- Empowering patients with knowledge for active participation in their rehabilitation.
- Interventions to address postural imbalances and promote better alignment.
- Correction strategies to alleviate strain on the musculoskeletal system.