Meet Our Teams
The Vikram Hospitals plays a statewide services includes the Acquired
Dr. V. Narayanasamy MS (Gen Surgery).,
Chairman/Senior consultant surgeon
Welcome to Vikram Hospitals, where excellence in healthcare meets compassionate patient-centered service. We take pride in offering a wide range of medical specialties, and one of our core strengths is General Surgery. With a dedicated team of experienced surgeons, state-of-the-art facilities, and a patient-first approach, we are committed to providing top-notch surgical care that ensures the well-being and recovery of our patients.
Our Expert General Surgeons
At Vikram Hospitals, we have assembled a team of highly skilled and experienced general surgeons who are experts in diagnosing, treating, and managing a variety of surgical conditions. Whether it’s a routine procedure or a complex surgery, our surgeons bring their expertise, precision, and dedication to every case.
Comprehensive Surgical Services
Our General Surgery department covers a wide spectrum of surgical procedures, addressing both common and complex medical issues. From minimally invasive techniques to traditional open surgeries, we are equipped to handle a diverse range of conditions. Some of the key areas we specialize in include:
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the appendix, a small organ located in the lower right abdomen. Our skilled surgeons perform this procedure using advanced techniques, ensuring minimal scarring and a quicker recovery for our patients.
At Vikram Hospitals, patient well-being and satisfaction are at the heart of everything we do. Our patient-centric approach involves personalized care plans, clear communication, and comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative guidance. We understand that surgery can be a stressful experience, and our empathetic team is dedicated to supporting patients and their families throughout the process.
Collaboration is key to achieving successful surgical outcomes. Our multidisciplinary team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and support staff work together seamlessly to ensure a safe and efficient surgical experience. This collaborative approach extends to post-operative care, where rehabilitation and follow-up are carefully coordinated to promote optimal healing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types of Surgeries are Done in General Surgery?
General surgery encompasses a wide range of surgical procedures that deal with various organs and systems in the body. Some common types of surgeries performed by general surgeons include:
What is General Surgery in MBBS?
In the context of an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) program, “General Surgery” refers to a fundamental branch of medical education and training. General surgery is a core component of medical education, where students learn about the principles and practices of surgical procedures that address a wide range of medical conditions. During the course of their MBBS studies, medical students receive foundational knowledge in various medical disciplines, including general surgery, to become competent physicians. This training is essential for understanding surgical techniques, patient care, and potential specialties for further specialization.
What is the Work of a General Surgeon?
A general surgeon is a medical doctor who specializes in surgical procedures involving various body systems. Their primary responsibilities include:
- Diagnosis: General surgeons assess patients, order diagnostic tests, and make surgical recommendations based on their findings.
- Surgery: They perform a variety of surgical procedures, including emergency surgeries and elective surgeries, to treat conditions like appendicitis, hernias, gallbladder problems, and more.
- Preoperative and Postoperative Care: General surgeons provide comprehensive care to patients before and after surgery, ensuring their safety and well-being throughout the surgical process.
- Consultations: They consult with patients to explain surgical options, risks, benefits, and expected outcomes, helping patients make informed decisions about their healthcare.
- Collaboration: General surgeons often collaborate with other specialists, such as anesthesiologists, radiologists, and nurses, to ensure a successful surgical outcome.
- Emergency Response: They are trained to handle emergency cases, such as trauma, acute infections, and critical injuries, requiring immediate surgical intervention.